Waxing and Sugaring hair removal FAQ's
Do you have questions about hair removal? I’ve answered some FAQ’s below.
1. Does waxing hurt? Let’s face it, hair removal isn’t 100% pain-free! However, I use quality wax and sugar paste, along with my tried-and-true techniques to make hair removal as quick and painless as possible.
2. Which areas can be waxed? I wax everything from the nose to the toes. Brazilian waxing is reserved for female clientele, however.
3. How long does the hair need to be? The hair should be at least 1/4 inch and can even be longer for thick, course hair. If you're new to waxing and have been shaving, the hair usually needs to grow for 2 weeks before waxing. If you're a regular waxer, you should schedule every 4 weeks. The hair can't be too long, but it can be too short.
4. What if it's that time of month? (only relevant for waxing bikini area) No problem! I have been waxing for over a decade and sometimes Aunt Flo crosses our path! If you feel too sensitive or uncomfortable you may reschedule your appointment. You can also come in and get waxed, wearing a tampon or cup would be ideal in this situation. It is not an infrequent occurrence, don’t worry!
5. What's the difference between the Bikini Wax, Bikini Plus Wax and the Brazilian Wax?
Bikini: removes the hair that shows up on the outside of your regular panty/swimsuit line.
Bikini Plus: removes the hair along the panty line and in 1 inch, and 1 inch from the top.
Brazilian: removes all hair from front to back with an optional landing strip or triangle.
6. Anything I should be aware of before having my brows done or other facial waxing? Yes. If you are using retinols or acids, either over the counter or prescribed, you will need to refrain from use for 5-7 days prior to your appointment. This will reduce the chances of skin irritation or "skin lifting."
- Are you ready to schedule your hair removal appointment?
Call, text, email or schedule online
- Schedule a complimentary consultation if you have further questions
- Schedule an appointment
- Enjoy the results!
I look forward to seeing you soon!
Mechelle Webb, LMT & Licensed Aesthetician