Headaches. What a pain!
Common types of headaches & how massage helps
1. Tension headache: Constant ache, pressure or pain around the head, especially at the temples or back of the neck.
Massage for tension headache: temples, forehead, neck, shoulders and associated trigger points.
2. Migraine headache: Throbbing pain, nausea and heightened sensitivity to light.
Massage for migraine headache: temples, back of neck, shoulders and associated trigger points
3. Sinus headache: Pressure in the forehead, around, and below the eyes from inflamed and swollen membranes of the sinus cavities.
Massage for sinus headache: above, below, around the eyes, and forehead.
- My personal and professional experience in relieving headaches
If you’ve suffered from any or all of these headaches, you know how frustrating and debilitating they can be. You’re stopped in your tracks. Your life gets put on hold. You lose time, whether it’s a few minutes or a few days, trying to alleviate the pain so you can get on with your life.
I have suffered from headaches for as long as I can remember. In college, someone showed me the acupressure point in the web between my thumb and forefinger to relieve a headache. Wow, it worked! I’ve been learning and trying different massage techniques ever since.
I have experience in relieving my own headaches for 20 years and well over a decade of professionally relieving my client’s headaches. Here are some my tried-and-true methods.
-Deep tissue massage
-Pain relieving lotion/gel
-Dark, quiet, relaxing environment
- How we can work together to relieve your headaches
Even if you only have 15 minutes to set aside, massage therapy can aid in the relief of your headache pain. Follow these steps to take control of your headaches:
-We develop a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle
-Schedule your regular massage treatments
-Start feeling your best
I look forward to meeting you and working with you!
Mechelle Webb, LMT